Software – The term it is an English word taken by other languages and designated any intangible (and not physical) component that is part of devices such as computers, mobile phones, or tablets and that allows their operation.
The software comprises a set of applications and programs designed to fulfill various functions within a system. In addition, it is made up of user information and processed data.
Software Is Classified According To Its Function In:
- System software. Programs allow users to interact with the system and exercise control over the hardware. System it is also provided as support for other programs. For example, operating systems or servers.
- Programming software. Programs are designed as tools that allow a programmer to develop computer programs. They use techniques and a specific programming language. For example, compilers or multimedia editors.
- Application software. Programs designed to perform one or more specific tasks at a time can be automatic or assisted. For example, video games or media players.
Software And Hardware
Every device comprises the intangible part, the software, and the substantial part, the hardware. Hardware is the set of material elements part of an electronic device. For example: in the case of a computer, the hardware is made up of the monitor, the keyboard, and the mouse, among others.
Both it and hardware are critical pieces for the correct execution of a computer or mobile device. Users could not run it without the presence of hardware, and hardware is useless without software. Both are opposite but complementary, so they work together.
Each device is made up of different pieces of hardware that can be electronic, electrical, or mechanical and that fulfill a specific function—for example, a storage memory or a video card.
Free its allows use to access its source code to study, copy, or modify it. The term and the ideas that free software encompasses were introduce in 1984 by the American programmer Richard Matthew Stallman, who create the Free its Foundation to extend this type of software and rescue the idea of user freedom.
It Is Consider Free When:
- It can be use for any purpose.
- You can study it, know how it works and modify it if you think necessary.
- Copies may be distribute.
- Any user can upgrade it.
The idea of free software tends to be confuse with free software, but it is crucial to keep in mind that not all free software’s is free, just as not all it is free. Nor should the concept of free it be confuse with that of open source since the latter does not always guarantee all four conditions.
Any software that does not guarantee the four freedoms is consider non-free. In those cases, it is usually the creators or owners of the license who modify and regulate the distribution.
The Classification Of Software According To Its Function
As this description is broad, there are many elements within a computer system that we could call software, so their differentiation is common. One of the most widespread differentiation methods is carry out based on the function of each program in a computer system
- It is a very low-level program, not designed for the user to interact with it, and that controls the electronic circuits of our equipment. It is essential for recognizing the hardware in a computer, and we find it in many forms; One of the most common forms that we can see is the BIOS of our system (to which we dedicate its text).
- Operating system. Windows 8 and Windows 10 are the most widely use operating systems today. They are a set of programs in charge of managing a system’s hardware and providing an interface to communicate with the end-user of said system.
- Together with the operating system, it is the type of program users interact with the most. They are intend to solve problems raise by users of a plan directly. Adobe Photoshop could be an example of an application.
And also Its function is to perform tasks in the background to facilitate the operation of other programs; they are an intermediate medium, and users do not have to interact directly with them.
- Software examples
- Types of software’s
- Application [software]
- System software
- Software devices
- Types of system [software]
Big Data Indoglobenews.co.id: Enhancing the Big Data into Business World
Big Data Indoglobenews.Co.Id – Big data is a term that describes massive data sets that are so large and complex…